Personality Profiling of Introverts and Extroverts
N Vijaya Lakshmi*
This current study was conducted on the sample scale 325 college students who were going after MBA Program in a leading B-School in India. Cattell's " of sixteen Personality Aspect (16PF) questionnaireвЂќ was used to study the differences inside the personality factors of introverts and extroverts with respect to 3 global factor measures, viz., anxiety, difficult poise and independence. The hypotheses developed were that, introverts had been more on high anxiety, show tender-minded emotionality and were even more subdued as compared with extroverts. Logistic regression was carried out plus the results supported the hypotheses. The ramifications of these studies are talked about for the main advantage of career counselors and soft skills coaches.
Persona is a term which is most frequently used to describe could be set of traits, some of which happen to be in some way frequently related to other folks and some are unique to each individual. All of us describe people by using phrases like perfectionist, sincere, bold, etc ., and call it as personality in the person. Gordon Allport, the pioneer in personality theory, defined character as, " The powerful organization inside the individual of those psychophysical systems that identify his unique adjustments to his environment. вЂќ Individuality is not just a single impartial mechanism yet closely relevant to other individual cognitive and emotional systems. Personality is not only what we have got but rather the way you relate to the earth around us. A number of different theoretical approaches upon personality can be found, such as psychodynamic approach, interpersonal learning procedure and the humanistic approach. These kinds of various approaches to personality aid in analyzing persona, as persona itself is known as a hypothetical develop which can by no means be straight observed although can only be inferred by behavior.
Personality encompasses the relatively long-lasting characteristics that differentiate peopleвЂ”those behaviors which will make each one of us unique. Once we mention about someone's persona, we also think about what makes that person totally different from other people, perhaps even unique. This kind of aspect of individuality is called specific differences which is the central issue to some personality theorists. These person differences make us work in a consistent and expected manner in different circumstances and 5. Senior Counselor, The Icfai Business Institution, Hyderabad, India. E-mail: [email protected] co. in
602008 The Icfai College or university Press. Almost all Rights Icfai University Record of Soft Skills, Volume. II, No . 3, 08 В©
more than extended periods of time. Individual variations are measured by using psychometric tests by which one can compare people or perhaps categorize people as introverts, extroverts, anxious, independent etc.
The Switzerland psychiatrist, Carl Jung, released the wordsвЂ”introvert and outgoing. He defined an introvert as a individual that withdraws into himself, especially in times of psychological stress and conflict; he tends to be shy and likes to work by itself. The introvert may take for the speaking program in support of a lot of movement where he is firmly committed, although even then simply he is impelled from within. The extrovert under stress seeks the company of others. He can likely to be very sociable. An english psychologist, Hans Eysenck, considers that there are two major proportions of character which be the cause of different qualities among people we encounter, they are extroversion and introversion. Eysenck has defined the characteristics of introverted person as being unsociable, set aside, pessimistic, restless, moody, etc ., whereas the traits of extrovert are sociable, hopeful, carefree, dynamic, etc . (Eysenck and Eysenck, 1963). The field of personality psychology stretches by a fairly basic empirical look for differences among people to an extremely philosophical look for the meaning of life. For the past few decades, research workers are interested to explore the link...
Sources: 1 . Beall L and Bordin Elizabeth S (1964), " The Development and Individuality of EngineersвЂќ,
Personnel and Guidance Log, Vol
installment payments on your Brown Deb, Brooks L and Co-workers (1996), Job Choice and Development,
3rd Edition, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, CA.
3. Cattell R N, Eber They would W and Tatsuoka M M (1970), Handbook pertaining to the 14
Personality Component Questionnaire (16PF), Champaign, IL: Institute for Personality and
4. Cattell R B, Cattell A K and Cattell L E (1978), " of sixteen Personality Factor QuestionnaireвЂќ,
Champaign, III: Company for Individuality and Capacity Testing, Incorporation.
5. Cattell R W, Eber L W and Tatsuoka Meters M (1991), Administrators Manual for the
16 PF, Commence for Individuality and Capacity Testing.
6th. Eysenck They would J and Eysenck H B G (1963), The Eysenck Individuality Inventory,
7. Filer R K (1986), " The Function of Personality and Preferences in Deciding Occupational
StructureвЂќ, Industrial and Labor Contact Review, Vol
8. Galinsky M Deb (1962), " Personality Creation and Business ChoiceвЂќ, Log
of Guidance Psychology, Vol
9. Ginzberg E, Ginzberg S Watts, Axelrad T and Herma J L (1951), Occupational Choice,
Columbia University Press, New York.
12. Hackman N (1960), " Childhood Knowledge and Business Choice in Law, Dental treatment
and Interpersonal WorkвЂќ, Diary of Guidance Psychology, Vol
11. Hammer A T and Kummerow J M (1992), Strong and MBTI Career Expansion
Guide, Consulting Psychologists Press, Inc., Pena Alto, CA.
12. Irani T, Scherler C, Harrington M and Telg R (2000), " Overcoming Limitations to
Learning in Length Education: The Effects of Personality Type and Course
13. Kleinmuntz B (1982), Personality and Psychological Examination, St . Martin's Press,
14. Myers I N and Myers P N (1993), Products Differing: Understanding Personality Type,
CPP Catalogs, Palo Elevado, CA.
12-15. Rothschild Jacqueline and Piland Williams (1994), " Intercorrelates of Postsecondary
Students ' Learning Styles and Character TraitsвЂќ, Community College Diary of
18. Segal T J (1961), " A Psychoanalytic Examination of Character Factors in Vocational
ChoiceвЂќ, Journal of Counseling Mindset, Vol
17. Seligman D (1994), Developing Career Counseling and Examination, 2nd Copy,
Sage Magazines, Thousand Oaks, CA.
18. Singh S i9000 (1994), " Gender Variations in Work Principles and Individuality Characteristics
Among Indian ExecutivesвЂќ, Journal of Social Psychology, Vol
19. Super M E and Crites T O (1962), Appraising Vocational Fitness, Add some opuch. Edition, Harper
& Brothers, New York.
20. Tett 3rd there’s r P, Jackson D D and Rothstein M (1991), " Personality Measures since Predictors
of Job Functionality: A Meta-Analytic ReviewвЂќ, Employees Psychology, Vol